The advancement in the software industry is at its peak due to the rapid inclusion of technology.
It means the software development industry has been continuously increasing with the dawn of the new millennium. Therefore, with the increasing demand for Web Development Services, thus the role of full stack developer, backend developers are in hot demand.
The role of the backend developer is vital in website development, web application. But, other than this, they also have to ensure the front-end development, whether it is developed as per the client’s specification.
Moreover, there is always a need to acquire some skills to become a back-end developer so, if you are looking to Hire the Backend Development Team for your dream project, you must be sure that he/she must possess some skills.
In this blog post, we cover some of the skills that the backend developer must possess.
So, before we dig into the skills, it’s better to understand what backend development is?
Back-end development refers to server-side development, which is related to the database, scripting, & Web Architecture. The backend development is just like behind-the-scenes activities.
In your childhood, you all must be inquisitive about what’s happening behind the stage, behind the TV screen, or you want to take a sneak peek under the hood of a car. Similarly, the backend development functionalities are performed by the backend developer.
Do you know that account login or online purchasing is the best example of backend processes? Let’s understand it with a more clear example.
All the e-commerce websites are the best example of the backend process. Here, we talk about one of the quite popular makeup and clothing app, “Nykaa.” Suppose you go to Nykaa and search for the “tops,” then the server-side language pulls all the information about the “tops” from the database.
Then the whole information is processed in the application, and the user can see the thousands of results due to implementation of the front-end languages.
The Role of Back-end Developer:
The role of the back-end developer is quite tricky and challenging because he has also worked closely with the front-end developer to ensure that all the functionality is working properly. So, the following are some of the roles of backend developers.
- Efficiently develop a Content Management System (CMS)
- Effectively develop the architecture of the system.
- Must be able to create a safe and secure payment processing system that securely stored the required data.
- Store and manage data with the use of data science.
Skills possessed by the Back End Developer:
As we all know, backend development is related to the server-side. Thus, the backend consists of three major parts:
Now, we are going to talk about the skills that the back-end developer must possess.
So let us set the ball rolling.
1. Technical Expertise in Web Development Languages:
If you are looking for the backend developer for your dream project, then you must be sure that he must have a command over the technical part of the website, which includes having a full-fledged practical knowledge about at least one prominent programming languages like
- Node Js
According to CodinGame’s Developer survey 2020, python is the third-best programming language.
2. Must be Familiar with the Database & Cache:
Every website is incomplete without the database because it is the significant part of the website that holds the information which the users access. That’s why the person must have the grip on several DBMS like MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQLServer besides this, if he is familiar with Varnish, Memcached, Redis, then it’s like a plus point for him. Furthermore, if you are on the path of website development, then you can find a company that can provide you with efficient Web Development Services.
3. Deep understanding of the server-side:
Another technical skill that the backend developer must possess is having a deep understanding of the server-side like
- IS Servers etc.
4. Web Development Framework:
If the person knows some of the web development frameworks, it will act as a cherry on the cake. So below are some of the leading frameworks for website development using python.
- Django: This framework is highly used for mid-range projects and full-fledged applications.
- Flask: It’s like a micro-framework used to provide management solutions that can be easily customized.
- Pyramid: This framework is used with either extended plugins and various databases.
5. Interpersonal Skills:
Other than these technical skills, the person also has some good interpersonal skills, which are below:
- Communication skills: The backend developer must have good communication skills so that he can easily communicate his ideas, strategies, or concerns to the other team members of the project. It should also be important to give an update to the clients. So good communication skills are a must for him.
- Keen Learner: In this tech-savvy realm, the technology keeps on updating at lightning speed. Thus, having updated information and eagerness to learn more about the technology is another must-have skill required in the backend developer. So, we can say that continuous learning about the programming language can lead the developer to a new and efficient way of coding.
- The organization of Code: Another soft skill that must be present in the developer is the ability to write the code in the most organized manner. As the code for the project grows, thus there may be a chance of tough navigation, which can only be eliminated when the code is clean and organized. Moreover, another person can easily understand your code and update it in the near future when you are not available due to some reason.
The backend development refers to the server-side of the website development. That’s why the role of the backend developer is vital in the website development process. So, if you are looking for a back-end developer, he must possess the skills mentioned above. Besides all this, understanding the client’s needs and specifications helps to create the successful system architecture.
Ellocent Labs has gained a reputation as the leading Backend Development Company by delivering efficient services within the defined time frames. We have a proficient pool of skilled resources for serving excellent services like backend developers, front-end developers, Designers, Digital Marketers. Would you please discover more about our services.
Read Also: Top Web Development Trends for 2021